Advertisement

Jergens Tanning Lotion

topic posted Wed, April 26, 2006 - 6:14 AM by  SN
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello Diva's!!

I'm curious about the Jergens tanning lotion.... I've heard a TON about it lately, and have been told it's an excellent product!! Have any of you ladies tried it yet? If so, how were the results? Streaking, tan hands, obvious marks if spot is missed??
posted by:
SN
offline SN
Advertisement
  • Re: Jergens Tanning Lotion

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 7:49 AM
    Do you mean that lotion that does a gradual tanning? I use it... and I bought the "face" version too. It works well. It's very gradual (you may not notice anything after the first application or two) but then you'll notice a change. Since it takes repeated applications to have color develop, chances are that you won't have any missed spots, unless you just can't reach a particular point on your back.

I like it. There are other versions out there made by other companies, but I believe the active ingredient is still the same. I read that Olay came out with one that has SPF15 in it. Living in Phoenix, I may be trying that one next time.
    • SN
      SN
      offline 68

Re: Jergens Tanning Lotion

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 8:22 AM
      yep thats the one!!!

I purchased it yesterday and have only applied it once, but it says to use it everyday... Just wanted to see what results people had prior to lathering it on me once a day..... and if I should expect some odd coloring!! LOL

Last year I attempted the "spray tan" at an actuall tanning Salon.... which I loved for the first couple weeks in summer so I'm not blinding anybody with my ever white legs!! The problem with that was, besides the fact that it's pricey, after several sessions of the "human car wash" I started getting very strange blotchy area's by my feet, wrists, and arm creases!! So I would only reccomend doing it for your first initial couple weeks in shorts!!!

Thanks for the input!!!

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 8:35 AM
        I would consider myself "fair to medium" in skin tone, but I use the one made for "medium" skin tones. Maybe because I don't have the patience to wait? If you have hesitations, try the one for "light" skin tones. You can always switch over to the medium one.

Good luck!

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 9:31 AM
          I used the body one last year and was happy with the results--after only using it a couple of times, I was darker (but not orange). The only issue I had was the smell. I just found it a little too intense. Did anyone else think so?

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 9:34 AM
            The smell didn't bother me at all.

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 10:50 AM
              The scent was very borderline to me....I didn't like it, but I didn't notice it after a few minutes. Got immune to it, I guess. But I never used it if I was going somewhere where I'd be close to people (dancing, etc.) because of the smell. I was worried others wouldn't like ti. I usually just used it in the mornings before work (I don't care if my coworkers can smell it). I'm pretty fair with mottled skin & freckles, and don't really tan. It gave me a nice, even color. I'm going to start using it again soon.
              • Unsu...

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 1:15 PM
                I used it last summer, and liked the results. But I agree with Vanessa that the smell is strong. All the tanning products I've tried have that same odor, whcih turns me off from using them as much as I'd like to. If it weren't for the scent, I'd use that stuff all summer, since I'm naturally a ghostly pale color. Jergen's was not as intensely secented as a few others, though.

I would love to find a product that is very affordable that doesn't smell so bad. Any ideas?

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 11:11 PM
                  I recently used the Neutragena sunless tanning lotion for about a week or maybe a little longer. The smell wasnot offensive, but I usually use unscented, lavendar, or vanilla, so it is a bit heavier than I'm used to (the smell).

I didn't notice any color change. I used it only on my belly and figured I could compare the area to my breasts to see if there was any change, I didn't notice any. Maybe I gave up too soon?

Wed, April 26, 2006 - 1:17 PM
    I use it and the smell is kind of strong. But otherwise it works well.

Thu, April 27, 2006 - 11:14 PM
      I just bought a tube of Hawaiian Tropic's version of the same Jergens "Natural Glow" lotion. It has a nicer smell than the Jergens... a little fruity perhaps? If you don't like the Jergen's because of the scent, try the Hawaiian Tropic. It feels about the same (has good slip to it). I'm assuming the color will develop the same, though it's too early to tell yet. If it does anything weird to me I'll let you know.

Fri, April 28, 2006 - 6:01 PM
        This is a great thread.....I've been wondering about Jergen's as well.

It's funny because I'm African American, but paler than anyone I know! It's frustrating trying to be tan because I don't wanna damage my skin, but don't like the smell and fakeness that most self-tanners have.

Jergens sounds like the best bet for now. One person told me that they always applied it at night shortly before bed to let the scent wear off until the next day.

Got some questions, though: Should I go with light or medium (I have fair skin)? Same with the face lotion?

Does it cover stretch marks or just illuminate them?

Does the color fade fast? If I use it this week, then skip the next week while I visit my bf in Chicago, will the color last that week?

Annnddd, are there any areas to avoid applying it on the body and face?

Any answers would be sooooo appreciated! I'm feelin' pasty! And my bf is Latin so he's all golden and makin' me jealous!

Sasha be sure to let us know about the Hawaiian Tropic! That would be so great to use a lotion without a harsh smell!

Erica :)

Fri, April 28, 2006 - 7:31 PM
          I think I like the Hawaiian Tropic version. I bought it because I was on day 4 of my Jergens when I ran out. The smell is nicer so that alone is enough of a reason to switch. The color looks about the same had I continued with Jergens. I too use it at night and then shower it off the next morning. If I'm in need of quicker color, I'll use it at bedtime and then again in the morning.

Before using this (or any self-tanner) exfoliate well, especially the uber-dry areas (feet, knees, elbows, etc.). I use the lotion on the tops of my feet so I can wear sandals without having glow-in-the-dark feet with tanned legs. I go very lightly around elbows and knees as they tend to develop darker. What I like about these gradual tanners is that you can always skip an area if you think it's taking too dark and just apply around the area. It's hard to goof up.

Good luck Erica!

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 8:00 AM
            Thanks Sasha......I feelin' more secure about it :)

I'm gonna do a patch test today and see what happens!
            • Unsu...

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 9:08 AM
              I like to use a body butter or other extra-moisturizing lotion on the dry areas (elbows, knees, etc.) before applying the self-tanner. That way, those areas are less dry and won't soak up the tanner much.

Also, I think they Jergens and others fade fairly fast. So, I apply them every day, maybe skipping a day once the color builds up enough. I'm as pale as it gets, so it takes a while to build up. Plus, I shower every day so it washes off.
          • Unsu...

Re: Aveenos Tanning Lotion

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 12:50 PM
            anyone try aveenos sunless tanning lotion?
            • Re: Aveenos Tanning Lotion

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 2:30 PM
              Funny you should mention that....

I joined a site called iamtan.com, and they have a whole section on sunless tanning. Aveeno and Dove got the most praise. Minimal DHA smell mixed with a light citrusy scent, natural color, doesn't take long to see results for most people.......they didn't seem to like Jergens and said it smelled bad, though it can get you darker, it was sometimes orangy

I just went to CVS and bought the Dove Energy Glow. I tried to smell it and rubbed a little on my arm. It smelled kinda good, and will hopefully smell good after applying it all over. The lotion has a good "feel" to it.....smooth texture. I got the one for fair skin because getting the medium may have made the color come out orangy. Tonight I'm gonna do my whole body and post the results. As far as I know Dove and Aveeno are pretty similar, so either one may be a good choice.

If the color doesn't show enough, I'll either try the medium or consider naturally tanning a little to help it along. I'm not doing my face yet....may try that if the color comes out nice, or just use Revlon Skinlights in Warm Light. It's basically a glowy, light golden, creamy liquid make-up that enhances and brightens your skin. I mix it a little moisturizer and put smooth it over my face or just my cheekbones & forehead, maybe sides of nose, too. I've put some on my chest and shoulders before and it looked really pretty. Just make sure you apply it mixed with moisturizer to thin it out a little and make it easier to smooth on. I should have gotten some moe at CVS, duh!

Anyway, I'm anticipating the first day results of the Dove Energy Glow and hope it looks natural on my skin.

• Unsu...

Sun, April 30, 2006 - 6:04 AM
                "I just went to CVS and bought the Dove Energy Glow. I tried to smell it and rubbed a little on my arm. It smelled kinda good, and will hopefully smell good after applying it all over."

i cant wait to get my free sample of this.

i wish that jergens gave out samples too. i never ever would of considered buying anything dove...just because in the past the bar soaps have been total crap for me.
                but thier lotions and shampoos and deoderants have been great so far. i cant wait to try the energy glow stuff...especially since i am the color of chalk right now.
              • Unsu...

Wed, May 24, 2006 - 9:28 PM
                finally picked up a tube today, will try it out and let you all know. I didn't realize aveeno is a johnson&johnson company though. too bad i thought i was supporting small biz with *natural* ingredients. as natural as "subly enhances skin colour" can get. lol

aurora
          • Unsu...

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 12:28 PM
            I'm liking the Hawaiian Tropic version that Sasha recommended. It's not turning me orange like the Jergens did last year. It's also ver subtle color at first and then all of a sudden, you are tan....I like it. My only gripe is that is that it has mineral oil and petrolatum in it.....that kind of bugs me.

Sun, April 30, 2006 - 5:03 AM
          Heyla Erica,

Like many women my face--exposed to the sun all year round--and body can be very different shades of brown!!!<VBG> So when I want to try to even them up a bit, I use a self-tanning. (Funny, I think our grandmother's tried to lighten their faces vs darkening their bodies!).

Two years ago, I used Neutragena self tanning. I thought it was called Neutragena Deep Bronze, but I cannot find the old tube. I must have used it up last summer and tossed it. It did a wonderful job of evening out my skin. My shoulders, chest, etc became a deeper richer brown that came close to matching my face!!!

In the past, I had tried MK (Mary Kay) and although it worked well for some of my African-American friends and family, my skin was too dark for me to see a difference on me.

Sad news is that when I looked for the Neutragena product at the store recently, I couldn't find it--not one that said Deep Bronze. Hmmm....

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 5:37 PM
            Hey U!

Hhmmmm, yeah what happened to it ;)

You can't believe how light I am. I mean, not vampire-white, but simply devoid of color! The deeper bronze lotions are nice because the color comes out more brown. On me, they turn orange, so I hafta' get the lighter shades :(

Sigh :P

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 4:01 PM
    I've used and liked it. I'm very fair skinned, and it gives a hint of color for me. I've also used Neutrogena spray tan w/ good results. I look for just a hint of color to take the edge off the extreme paleness of my tummy! I haven't tanned since the 80's!
    • Unsu...

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 5:36 PM
      I'm using Olay Quench body lotion. It has a bit of self-tanner and smells really nice. I've used it a few times and found it to work pretty well.

Sat, April 29, 2006 - 10:57 PM
        Ooo, that's sounds good....

I think I heard something positive about that one before. Oh yeah, a guy was saying he used it and didn't even know there was self-tanner in it......now he's hooked :)
        • Unsu...

Tue, May 2, 2006 - 2:52 PM
          reminder:
          whatever you use, don't forget to wash your hands after you put it on!! with the jergens at first i forgot to do it, because it was like my regular habitual lotion after showering - after a week my palms looked weeeeeeeird, let me tell ya.

otherwise i've had good color results with the jergens, but yeah, i'm not a big fan of the smell, and it wears off after less than a week i'd say, leaving my pasty freckly self again. i'm all about trying the hawaiian tropic!

Wed, May 3, 2006 - 2:21 PM
            So Erica, how did the Dove work out?

Wed, May 3, 2006 - 5:35 PM
              I have a question for you all - last year when I was using the Jergens, my bathtub looked awful! I loved the way it made my skin look. It was easy to use, dried quickly, not expensive....didn't care for the smell, but oh, well. But my white bathtub was brown! I'd clean it daily, but it was such a huge pain! And it left a stain that took months to go away! Does anyone have a tip on how to keep my tub NOT looking like my legs? Thanks~!

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 3:17 PM
                I had this trouble with a shampoo that had a tint in it...this is what worked for me...

Oxy-Clean. A cuople little measures of it in a few inches of hot water in the tub, then wear gloves when cleaning (or your tan you're working for will be effected!). I used a scrubby pad since my tub isn't in grand shape to begin with and it worked just perfect...had to do it once a week without fail.

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 5:49 PM
                  Christy, thanks for the tub tips! Since I've started using the Paradise Gold I've been back to scrubbing the tub daily, and it's still brown. I'm going to pick some oxy-clean up tonight after dance class!
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    Unsu...

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 9:20 PM
                    i just started with the Olay touch of sun, it's coloring nicely on my super white skin
                    <no orange> yeah!

i'm wary of getting it in my eyebrows or hairline, has anyone noticed these areas to be a problem?

umm no tub problem yet but i'll keep an eye out, thx for the tip.

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 6:01 PM
              :) Ok here's what happened with the Dove Energy Glow so far:

The first day I did the patch test on my arm, the color started to show up by nightfall! It was light, but you could see it. The smell wasn't that bad, though you could still smell the DHA since it was still moist.

The next night, after showering and lightly scrubbing my skin, I went for my whole body. The lotion was very smooth and applied well, so that helped to keep things evened out. I did smell more DHA now, because it was all over me, but still, not half as bad as the usual smell (and I don't like DHA smell at all) I let it set in a little, chatted on Tribe, then went to bed.

The next day, I looked at my arms and whatever else I could see when I first woke up. My complexion looked a lot more even and I could see the color. It was light, but more goldish than orangy. After examining my whole body, I could see that the color was indeed pretty even and showing well, though naturally. Some areas needed more color like the shin bones, and boobies, so I'll apply more there next time. Since I didn't have to go out, I held off on showering for most of the day so I could see how the lotion color & smell would progress. The color stayed put, and the smell wore off pretty much. After showering, no smell at all, and the color held up in certain areas, like the arms, hands, feet, and waistline.

Since this was only after one application, I'm guessing that more applications will make the color last longer. I'm gonna do it again tonight and see what happens. The scent of the lotion is better when you first apply it, and slowly you smell a little DHA. But after sleeping, the smell is basically gone. So applying at night is recommended. If you sleep in the same bed as someone else, they'll get used to it cuz it's not that bad. I applied a lot of regular lotion to my hands to keep my palms clear, and only rinsed them a little cuz I didn't want the tanner to come off the fronts of my hands. My palms aren't orange so far.

Oh yeah, I took a chance and put some on my face, too. I used face lotion first, and afterward, though. The color came out even, natural, and I swear I looked cuter the next day! :P

I'm gonna try Aveeno next. I heard that the color is more subtle, but comes out more "brown-ish." Just remember to apply it all over and think as if it were regualr lotion. Maybe apply petrolium lotion to your whole foot, elbows, knees, and hands first. Don't forget the arm-pit area!

So far, so good, but I'll post more conclusions later to be sure :)

Erica

Fri, May 5, 2006 - 2:05 PM
                I went and bought the Dove Energy Glow last night, and I like the smell. I only put it on the bottom half of both of my legs just before I went to sleep. It felt really nice, like a nice thick bedtime lotion. When I woke up, my legs looked more even.
                I can see that it's going to take a few applications to get dark, but I really like it that it's so gradual.
                Before this, I bought the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Spray. Good God, I looked like I put it on while seriously intoxicated. I had so many streaks, people were asking if something was wrong with my legs. I had to wear pants for awhile and exfoliate everyday until it wore off!

So, IMO, slow gradual lotion is the way to go.

Fri, May 5, 2006 - 2:19 PM
                  Cool, so it's working well so far :) Yeah, I think the texture of the lotion is the best part. It's so easy to smooth on. And doesn't it even out your skin nicely? I like it so far.

Mon, May 8, 2006 - 2:56 PM
                    So, I am on day 3 of my Dove Energy Glow lotion and my two best friends here at the office kept saying how tan I look. I told them both about the Dove and they both said they are going to go buy it.

I will admit, though, that my skin smells like that weird chemical smell. I had to put on some Nars Bronzing oil to give my skin an extra little glow and to cover up the smell.

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 12:05 AM
                      yup, it does get stronger as you layer on more lotion......did the nars work well? i might get some....

i wasn't feelin' too good, so i haven't kept up with the lotion, but i swear that i still have some color in some places after like one application and four days later!

Glad I heard about this lotion, and glad I could suggest it for others. Isn't it funny how word-of-mouth advertising works? I got it cuz someone liked it, you got it cuz I thought it was good, your friends will get it because you thought it was good........and Dove's sales go up :)
                      • Unsu...

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 12:21 PM
                        have y'all tried the Olay version? I found the smell faded very quickly, color is good and the lotion is one i would use even if it didn't tan.... just thrown' it in the ring since that smell is wicked gross!

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 1:50 PM
                          Petite F- did you use the lotion for fair or medium skin?

Bryndl- I haven't tried the Olay lotion......what does the color look like? More gold, brown, or peachy?
                          • Unsu...

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 2:34 PM
                            gold/brown...i'm super white so peachy becomes orange real fast!

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 8:02 PM
                              I just started using the Dove yesterday. It's my first time with a self-tanner, and so far, not too scary. Defintiely saw results this morning, and had no problem with the smell or chemicals, which was a relief since my skin can be really bitchy.

Only problem is that my knees and the tops of my feet look a little orange and patchy. So tomorrow I'm going to skip the knees, elbows and feet, just in case those tougher skin areas soak it up faster. I'm a little worried about not getting all of my back, though...

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 10:35 PM
                                Charity-

I applied some thick lotion to my knees, hands, elbows, and feet twice before I used the Dove. It definitely seems to help, as I had zero patches. I slick only a teeny bit of Dove over those areas, too.

I had my mother do my back for me....can someone help you out?

Also, I applied the lotion very quickly and casually. Somehow, I think applying it just like regular lotion and not being too careful is what helped it come out even. It's so simple, I'm happy so far :) I did it on my face, and didn't break out the next day.....and my face had a pretty glow. So I bet the Dove face lotion that's coming out will work great, too.

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 10:29 PM
                              cool, i'm pale too :P

Wed, May 10, 2006 - 3:52 PM
                                Erica
                                I'm fair and I used the medium because I'm impatient. I stopped on day 3 because I started to look orangey. Everyone in the office keeps commenting on how tan I look.

The Nars worked really well, the only thing is that it washes off. It's not permanent or semi-permanent. It's just a one time thing, but it's a really pretty glow. I'd definitely wear it out on a date to highlight my shoulders and clevage. The only other problem is that it is a coconut oil base (I'm pretty sure) so it gets solid in colder weather (like L.A. right now) and it's hard to get out since it's in a glass bottle.

Wed, May 10, 2006 - 8:35 PM
                                  Thanks, I wonder if I should get the medium.....it's hard to say cuz I could possibly turn orange (i got mine at cvs and they said i could return it if i didn't like it, so maybe i'll do an exchange to try it) I think the one for fair skin may have less DHA or a lower ph level, which may cut down on the DHA smell, though, so we'll see.

The Nars sounds heavenly! I'm looking for a bronzing lotion to just slick on for a day, so it sounds perfect. Maybe I can find a warm spot to store it......thanks for mentioning that. Well, anything is worth a try when you're pasty and wanna look tanner :)

Sat, May 13, 2006 - 5:19 PM
    I used Jergens last year, but the scent really annoyed me. I stopped using it after a while, even though I really liked the color. The other day I picked up some Paradise Gold at Walgreen's - it's their store brand. I got the one for light skin. I've used it now for two days. The smell is great - light and floral, with no chemically smell at all. It's very moisturizing - last night I felt my arm and it was still really soft. Today I'm noticing a change in color - very slight, but if I remember, it took about five days before I noticed a change with the Jergen's. I'll keep you all posted.

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 3:30 PM
    I started using the Aveeno lotion tanner - it doesn't smell bad, in fact it hardly smells at all and I couldn't stand the Jergens smell after a while. It also tans much quicker/darker though and is more streaky/noticable if you miss a spot because of it.

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 11:42 PM
      I heard that Aveeno has even less smell then Dove, so I'm planning on trying this one, too.

Give an update on the color tone PonyRide!

I don't know whether to stick with the fair shades or try medium.....

Thu, May 18, 2006 - 4:38 PM
        I tried Bain de Soleil on my legs today. It cost $15.00. It's the first time I've ever done this but my white legs could blind someone for sure. So 6 hours later, I'm pretty streaked and orangey. I missed some spots, got too much on others, and my scars are really white compared to the rest of my leg. The odor was strong at first but it didn't really bother me much. It smelled perfumey.

I came into this tribe to see if y'all were talkin' about sunless tanning lotions. I'll have to try the Dove next time. I bought my stuff at Long's Drug store and they didn't have much of a selection at all. Where do you buy the Dove? And how much does it cost? Also, what's CVS? (hope I got it right)
        • Unsu...

Thu, May 18, 2006 - 5:10 PM
          exfoliate....exfoliate ...exfoliate darling!
          it'll help get rid of what you got and ease application next time.

i used to use the bain de solil but never had luck with the expensive kind <the one you got> thier cheaper one works better...i always put lotion on after application to help w/ streaking...honestly, i'm a convert to the new tinted lotions most of which have been talked about in this thread...good luck!

Thu, May 18, 2006 - 6:01 PM
            CVS is a drug store chain.
            No matter what I've used, the scars stay white...guess it's the nature of them. I use a little Sally Hanson leg makeup if I want to cover them for something special.
            I've been using Walgreen's brand Paradise Gold for about a week now. Nice light tan color - I no longer blind anyone! No blotches. I'm going to keep it up!

Thu, May 18, 2006 - 11:08 PM
          I forgot about Long's! You must be in California!

CVS is just another drugstore like Long's. We had Rite Aid in Cali, right? Yeah, I think so.....try there for the Dove, but it's gotta be at Target I would imagine.

Just remember to scrub off dead or flaky skin, then apply a heavy moisturizer FIRST to all your drier spots, like feet, elbows, knees, back of the heels, and hands, and don't apply much Dove to these areas. When you apply the Dove, just relax and use it like regular lotion and it will come out more even. Try to wash & rinse only the palms of your hands so that you won't rinse all the tanning lotion off the tops of your hands.

Also, appy shortly before bed to let any DHA smell (which is the chemical that makes you tan) wear off through the night.

If your in Cali, you might have a bit of a tan already, so you could probably use the medium tone lotion. But if you're really fair like me, you might wanna try the fair tone lotion first so that your color doesn't turn orange.

Good luck to ya'!

eRiCa :)
          • Bain de Soleil tanning lotion

Fri, May 19, 2006 - 11:30 PM
            Thank you, everyone, for your great advice! I won't give up yet but my legs really look like the dickens right now.

How do you normally exfoliate? I use some supposed "Dead Sea" salts and that seem to work pretty well, but can't do it right after shaving because it stings too much.

I bought the Medium/Dark in the Bain de Soleil because that's all Long's had. I thought maybe that was the best product for the widest group, since that's basically all they had. It is really dark orange and noticeable on my white legs after just one application. I looked around and there were maybe 2 other brands that were way cheaper. I thought I'd get what I paid for. I guess I'll go out looking for the Dove and get a light shade. I'm just going to wait this mess out or try to exfoliate it off. I don't live near a Target but there are Walgreen's stores around.

Even though I live in Calif., I'm not the least bit tan. I got a melanoma on my inner elbow and had it removed last year. It left a big scar. They really dig deeply into your bod to get those things out. Now I have to have my whole body checked over every FOUR months! It's that dangerous. So keep using your sunless tanning lotion, ladies, and don't risk skin cancer! I wear sunscreen every single day even when it's raining nowdays, doctor's orders! altho the books say the damage usually happens when you're late teens or early 20s. It takes a long time to manifest as cancer (I was 53).
            • Unsu...

Re: Bain de Soleil tanning lotion

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 12:39 PM
              i use one of those puffy shower things with aveeno shower gel every day, even a washcloth works for light exfoliation, st.ives makes a good body wash that has a little more grit. i'm sensitive so i can't use stuff like that very often. the good news is they say shaving is a great exfiliator for your legs so no need to agrivate further on shaving days.

once i used lemon juice to get rid of a bad sunless accident and it helped the orange fade, keep moisturized too.
              • Re: Bain de Soleil tanning lotion

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 12:56 PM
                There's a great article about what to do for sunless tanning accidents at: www.sunless.com/applicatio..._it_off.php
                • Re: Bain de Soleil tanning lotion

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 8:30 PM
                  I keep a couple of cans of Sally Hanson airbrush tan (one for legs and one for face) besides a sunless tanning lotion. I find that the airbrush tan works really well for touching up streaks from lotion. I also love the one for my face! It does not seem to bother my sensitive skin, and provides a really nice, even golden color. It also sprays upside down, which is great for hard to reach areas!

Re: Mary Kay tanning lotion

Wed, May 24, 2006 - 10:52 AM
                    My sister sells Mary Kay products in Idaho. She says they can't keep their sunless tanning lotion in stock because women like it so much. Has anyone tried it? I guess I will whenever she can get it to me here in California.

My legs are STILL orange. That Bain de Soleil sure has staying power! I used my seasalt crystals to exfoliate and have used body lotion every day because I could swear that product also dried my skin out. I'll try lemon juice next and see what happens. I want to go hiking in shorts over the weekend!
                    • Unsu...

Wed, May 24, 2006 - 11:56 AM
                      You know, I used to do the self-tanner and found that St. Ives Apricot Scrub worked well for chest, face, elbows, etc. and then a loofah for the rest of the body. Followed up by tanner and a generous helping of lotion.

www.stives.com/products/show_product.cfm
                      • Unsu...

Wed, May 24, 2006 - 3:17 PM
                        The dove tanning lotion peels of the skin. I've been using the dove for 2 weeks and it literally peels off & looks funny after awhile, so I switched to jergens & the jergens does not do peel off like the dove does.

Wed, May 24, 2006 - 3:35 PM
        <Give an update on the color tone PonyRide!

I don't know whether to stick with the fair shades or try medium.....>

The color still looks good and has stayed even. I only use the lotion every couple of days though - I have super pale skin and I just don't want my legs to look whiteish-purple. :P

If you have pale skin I would go with the 'fair' shade of Aveeno. The color showed up really fast.

Recent topics in "*Beauty Secrets for Divas*"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
NAIL POLISH, what is going on????? Azeeza 2 August 30, 2014
Lips! Azeeza 2 March 5, 2014
painful cracking fingertips! :( Girl 23 March 4, 2014
Allergy to Adhesives Azeeza 0 January 18, 2014