Advertisement

Removing combs from a pony tail hair piece?

topic posted Sun, March 20, 2011 - 12:58 AM by  ~Sasha~
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi Divas,

I have a pony tail that I love. It attaches via 2 combs (about 3 inches long EACH), one on each side, of my own pony tail (which I braid and pin up, because the pony is curly and my hair is straighter).

The combs HURT!

What I'd like to do is to remove those 2 huge combs, add 2 smaller combs (top and bottom) and a drawstring. I looked for some video tutorials on how to do this but came up empty. Any ideas? I can figure out how to attach 2 new smaller-sized combs, but the drawstring is what puzzles me.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

~S~
posted by:
~Sasha~
Phoenix
Advertisement
  • Re: Removing combs from a pony tail hair piece?

Sun, March 20, 2011 - 10:58 AM
    I have a hair pice that is made with the smaller combs and the drawstring. They have attached the hairpiece to a "net" (More like bodystocking netting than tulle), about 3 - 4 inches across, and then run a casing around the outside of the netting circle with basically an overlock stitch and then threaded the drawstring thru that, attaching the combs to that edge. Hairpins are then put thru the hairpiece when placing it to securely attach it to the head.

My other hairpiece that was a ponytail attached to one comb was also attached to a netting backing (I removed the comb also) and it would be fairly easy to convert that one to the type described above.

Sun, March 20, 2011 - 12:17 PM
      Thanks Xanthea!

Question.. on the one you have that has the smaller combs and the drawstring... did YOU attach the netting to it? Or was it made that way? I was just wondering if it was retrofitted in that way.

Sun, March 20, 2011 - 5:06 PM
        It was make that way. However, if the one that you removed from the ponytail holder has the netting, it should be fairly simple, if not a little tedious to alter it. Mine on the ponytail holder was still attached to the netting as a base for the hair of the hairpiece.

Recent topics in "*Beauty Secrets for Divas*"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
NAIL POLISH, what is going on????? Azeeza 4 November 28, 2014
Lips! Azeeza 2 March 5, 2014
painful cracking fingertips! :( Girl 23 March 4, 2014
Allergy to Adhesives Azeeza 0 January 18, 2014