Advertisement

SPIN PINS! For fine hair!

topic posted Wed, November 16, 2011 - 2:35 PM by  DuckAmuck
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have very thin, very fine hair. The kind of hair that can't hold a tease or a curl for more than 20 minutes. The kind of hair that makes the saddest, most pathetic bun you've ever seen on an adult. The kind of hair that you can never buy full-size hair holders for, children's sizes work better.

I was going to a wedding, and I knew I wanted an up-do, but I had no idea how I would/could get it to look nice and stay put. I brought about 10 possibilities with me, and on a whim I bought the set of 3 mini spin pins to try. (The full size are much too large for my hair.)

I used a little hold gel. I teased a little. (It's bad to over-tease, because people wonder why there's a rat's nest by my neck at the end of the night.) I made a loose bun, put in all 3 spin pins… and it seriously held all night. Seriously.
NOTHING has ever held my hair in place – especially in a bun – like that before.
And this was a really loose bun, so it would look larger than it really is.

Seriously, ladies – try these things. I'm sold. I may even wear a bun to work.
posted by:
DuckAmuck
Illinois
Advertisement
  • Re: SPIN PINS! For fine hair!

Wed, November 16, 2011 - 5:35 PM
    Cool. I could have used those back when I had to wear my hair up for work every day. Nice that there is something that won't fall right out of my fine hair, now. <off to Google>

Thu, December 1, 2011 - 1:39 PM
    Neat - that sounds wonderful! I'll definitely keep an eye out for them - dear Grrr, I'd love to hear how your experience with them is, too; I'm kind of a hair idiot when it comes to things like this, and I could certainly stand to add a few new tricks to my relatively limited hair repertoire!

Fri, December 2, 2011 - 3:13 PM
      When my hair is long again, I'll let ya know : ). I do have two silver coils that are similar to these pins...got them years ago at the PDX Saturday Market. Maybe I should mail you one!

Mon, December 5, 2011 - 12:26 PM
    Since I originally posted this, I have used these pins to wear my hair in a bun to work.
    One of those days, I only used a single spin pin, and it still held all day.
    The second day it was really windy, so I used two. Again, it held all day.

In fact, I'm using them today, too. The difference today from previous days is I'm not actually using a pony tail band today. And it's still holding.

Hair-wise, I think this is the best investment I've ever made.

Sun, March 31, 2013 - 8:54 AM
      I just got the regular size ones, and I love them! I think they are a tad too big, but they still work well... I'll be on the look out for the smaller ones as well... :)

Recent topics in "*Beauty Secrets for Divas*"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
NAIL POLISH, what is going on????? Azeeza 2 August 30, 2014
Lips! Azeeza 2 March 5, 2014
painful cracking fingertips! :( Girl 23 March 4, 2014
Allergy to Adhesives Azeeza 0 January 18, 2014