Advertisement

underground pimple ahhhh

topic posted Thu, July 6, 2006 - 8:30 PM by  lindsey
Share/Save/Bookmark
i have pretty clear skin, but every now and then i get an underground pimple. ya know...one of those red bumps that doesn't quite surface, and it hurts really bad!! a few years ago, i would get a recurring undergrounder on the tip of my nose...and if i picked at it...it would get HUGE!! i learned to just leave it alone, and it normally went away on its own, but it took awhile to go away!!

now, after a few years of NOT getting that reoccuring undergrounder, it seems to want to appear again within the last couple of days!! does anyone know of any tricks to get rid of it so it doesn't surface into a big monster?! please help me out!!
posted by:
lindsey
Tampa Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: underground pimple ahhhh

Thu, July 6, 2006 - 10:10 PM
    salycilic acid will dry it out, but then you'll have a dry spot. toothpaste (at night, there's no makeup ever that could cover that gunk up) works pretty damn good as long as you use actual paste, no gel. tea tree oil is my absolute favorite spot-fixer, as it's a really astringent but still an oil, so it won't dry your skin out.
    • Re: underground pimple ahhhh

Thu, July 6, 2006 - 10:56 PM
      Since what's being described is an inflammation under the skin, I'd ice it. Ice does help reduce swelling and inflammation. Taking an OTC anti-inflammatory couldn't hurt either.

Good luck and speedy healing!

Fri, July 7, 2006 - 2:09 AM
      you could try the aspirin mask.

crush up some tablets and mix the powder into a paste with some water ... leave it on the monster and see if it doesn't help either draw the guy out. at the very least, it should reduce the swelling.

Fri, July 7, 2006 - 5:52 AM
    what about boil eaze (sp?) its supposed to help bring these to a head so you can get the gunk out.
    i also agree with the possibility of a hair, i had one on my chin that was Forever and a day until i started getting lazer
    and the ice will definitly help with the swelling.
    tea tree oil does help as a disinfectant, but to much can have the reverse affect.

boil ease
    check for hair
    ice
    tea tree

good luck!!

Fri, July 7, 2006 - 6:28 AM
      thanks...i'll have to try those things and see what works for me!!

i highly doubt it's a hair because i don't have hair on my nose lol

these are some great ideas!!
      • Unsu...

Fri, July 7, 2006 - 7:01 AM
        another thing to consider, but just cause you said it was in the same place (with years in between intervals). it could be an old oral related herpes outbreak. i had a patient who i saw regularly (while working with a physical therapist), who had the same thing come up (i saw her over a time period of about 3 years) again and again, we even had the conversation of "why do i keep getting this underground zit under my nose", so i thought i'd make mention of it. she went to a dermatologist finally, and found that it was just a rise, bloom, and 2 days later would go away kind of thing (provided she wasn't treating it like a pimple like she had been-trying to make it come to a head with pressure and heat). after that initial diagnosis, she even found that some foods that she ate made it bloom more often, like peanuts, etc (must be a protein based reaction).

NOT trying to scare, but your sitch reminded me of this girl. if it's reoccuring, might be worth mentioning next time you are in for a regular check-up.

Sat, July 8, 2006 - 11:23 AM
        i used ice last night...it made it feel A LOT better...and this morning, i woke up, and it's gone!! yaayyyy...thank you!! =)
        • Unsu...

Sat, July 8, 2006 - 12:00 PM
          i actually have a recurring one too. It's a Mt. Vesuvius on my chin ! I finally nailed it down to too much ZINC or specifically Salmon! Weird i know. I tested the theory even by gorging on salmon sushi and blammo. Out she came.

I like that ICE idea. I'll try that one!
          • Unsu...

Sat, July 8, 2006 - 12:08 PM
            One formed between my eyes last night -- I'm going to try ice now. I think it's because I bought a new pair onf sunglasses yesterday and immediately wore them around. I bet lots of peole had tried them on -- ew! I'm going to Purell them.

Sat, July 8, 2006 - 4:29 PM
              Inbetween the eyes. I get them there sometimes/ I had one of and on for a few months. My skin is pretty dry otherwise and I never had a big acne prob. Ill try the ice next time. Mosty acne remedies don't work because there's no pour or opening for BP or whatever to get down into. I have to say, I am a big Tee Tree oil convert for skin stuff!

Sun, July 9, 2006 - 10:52 AM
                I get one between my eyes as well - on and off for years - the big deep cystic kind. And no topical solution does anything but irritate it, and it's impossible to pop. I've tried all of the things listed above (including boi eaze). The only think that helps is to take ibuprophen to reduce swelling and wait it out. As Lia pointed out, there is no pour or anything for any topical solutions to get into the fucker.

Sun, July 9, 2006 - 11:24 AM
                  same with the one on my nose...but, ice worked. i iced it at night, and it was gone by morning...you should try it next time! i think i iced it for about 20 minutes.
  • Unsu...

Sun, July 9, 2006 - 7:20 PM
    I get one once a month. always 3 or 4 days before my period. So I know it's hormonal. I usually go to the dermie and have her cut the little bastard open and drain it. It usually helps, and luckily my health care will cover it, so it's not too much.

I have found that doing other things really haven't help, and if I tried to pop it, I always made it 39463 times worse.

Mon, July 10, 2006 - 5:51 PM
      Same here! I make something that -- while painful -- wouldn't have been aaaall that noticeable into a big, nasty thing. Argh.

I think one of the best things you can do for cycstic acne (and that's what these hidden, obnoxious pimples are) is see a dermatologist. They can give a hydrocortisone injection, if necessary.

Ice, however, is a great idea. Ibuprofen will also help the inflammation as will topical hydrocortisone (of course, penetration of the skin is often difficult here).

I hate these stupid things. :P

Tue, July 11, 2006 - 1:23 PM
        this has been a timely thread for me, as i noticed one of these _painful_ monsters developing right between my eyes two days ago.

i tried the ice thing last night. slept with toothpaste smeared on it last night.

today it's getting worse.

argh.

what else?

Tue, July 11, 2006 - 2:44 PM
    I sterilize a high gauge pin and after locating the closest corresponding pore, I insert the pin until it breaks through into the pocket of infection. Then I extract the toxins and apply antibiotic cream. BUT then again I've given myself stitches before, which is another self surgery I don't recommend ... that's just what I do.

Tue, July 11, 2006 - 4:41 PM
      Keep cotton and antiseptic close by when you lance them.

Wed, July 12, 2006 - 11:29 AM
        ah, the joys of home lancing!

if this weren't right between my eyes i know i'd be joyfully excavating it myself but it's just a wee bit too visible to be messing around with.

so, nahar, i have to ask what the story was behind your self-suturing ...

Mon, July 17, 2006 - 1:53 PM
          As intriguing as it might sound, it's not so much.
          I once slipped and badly sliced my leg on a rock while hiking. While there were no medical facilities in the area, I did have a sewing kit. I sterilized everything by boiling, curved the needle while it was still hot, and voila: 4 stitches. I took them out 2 weeks later and it barely left a scar.
          But now my first aide kit includes superglue, which is faster, painless, and just as effective.

(fyi - I also might be a surgeon)

Wed, July 12, 2006 - 12:03 PM
    Oooooow....Dude I have one of those right now. They fucking suck. Don't try to pop it whatever you do because it won't get all that nasty shit out and it will end up tripling in size and get worse. I did that to one on my chin and it ended up bruising all around and then scabbing up. Gross.

What I've learned is to hot compress it maybe once a day when the pain gets really bad, then get some kinda of face masque and glob that over it, then leave it overnight. Other than that, don't touch it! I did that and mine stopped hurting after two days, the redness went away after one day and pon the fourth day it's almost gone.

Recent topics in "*Beauty Secrets for Divas*"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
NAIL POLISH, what is going on????? Azeeza 4 November 28, 2014
Lips! Azeeza 2 March 5, 2014
painful cracking fingertips! :( Girl 23 March 4, 2014
Allergy to Adhesives Azeeza 0 January 18, 2014