Advertisement

Miracle Slim Plum

topic posted Sun, February 26, 2006 - 10:23 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I picked this stuff up from a local chinese herb shop, and this is the 1st time any weight loss system has worked..all you do is eat a plum once a day ..lol..it's soo weird! it curbs my appetite big time I dont feel shakey, no painful stool..plus i have energy, and it's 100% NATURAL! If any of you divas wanna loose weight try this it does work, but see if you can find it at a local chinese herb place..I paid $50 for a 1 month supply.

P.S I cant find a website for it online..well if anyone is interested lemme know and I post the ingredients and there benefits listed on the box
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Miracle Slim Plum

Sun, February 26, 2006 - 10:58 PM
    Miracle Slim Plum

Description:

This product aids in the loss of weight and fat naturally. Miracle Slim Plum will clean your body’s system and will eliminate everything your body doesn’t need, getting rid of it rapidly and not let it sit in your stomach for longer than necessary.

It only contains natural herbs that will improve your gastrointestinal tract and help you go to the bathroom without any problems.

The person who uses this product will feel more energetic when the body eliminates everything that it doesn’t need. The extra energy will help in burning the extra calories faster at the same time helping in the loss of weight. Of course, using a balanced diet will help in obtaining the best results.

This product is the most natural and safe in the market today. To detoxify oneself is very important for our health.

Eat the Miracle Slim Plum, drink lots of water, and you will see the miracle become a reality. Many competitive products will help you lose weight quickly but not as effectively or NATURALLY.

Today, there are a large number of consumers using this product in different parts of the world. It is not a laxative. It regulates weight and aids in losing fat. It stabilizes the metabolism and will not cause fatigue.

When we are newborn and in the first stages of childhood, it is easier to eliminate the toxins from the body frequently and more rapidly. As we get older, especially women who have given birth, it is very common to suffer with constipation and this is why the frequent use of Miracle Slim Plum will return the balance naturally to this important function of our organism.

Depending on your system, you can eat from one to three plums per day after meals, and you will see with the frequent use of this product the results that your body needs.

It is not recommended for children under 12 years of age or for pregnant women, or for people who have peptic ulcers or fatigue.

nuevomileniomarketing.com/

• Re: Miracle Slim Plum

Mon, February 27, 2006 - 11:21 AM
      So, it's a plum? I'm curious... Have you actually lost weight? Please give me more details...
      Thanks!
      • Unsu...

Mon, February 27, 2006 - 11:53 AM
        yes, I have lost weight and i'm still losing more!..it's not well known here in America. So you either have to find a chinese herb store or check the net. I found 1 website that sells it but it charges $80 for a 30day supply of plums, which is a rip off because I paid $50 for the 30day supply at a chinese herb market. Its basically a dried plum that is mixed with natural herbs and modled back to its original form with the seed inside, to perserve freshness..It actually taste pretty good. It cleans out all the bacteria in the colon as well, without the painful side affects of stool elimination. The box says you can eat up to 3 plums a day, but 1 is enough for me. Also the directions say to keep it in the fridge. As for the ingredients I will list exactly what it says on the box .

Ingredients:
        *golden plum -quenches thirst naturally, gives your mouth a fresh moist feeling.
        *(hca)garcinia cambogia - natural appetite suppressant.
        *ear type leguminosae - softens stool and improves bowel elimination.
        *lomeng fruit -natural appetite suppressant.
        *latobacillus -alters bacteria to ease symptomsof gastrointestinal peristalsis.
        *s.auricula -softens stool and improves exretion.
        *puu eel tea -for energy burst and smoother urination.
        • This post was deleted by (unknown)
          • Unsu...

Mon, February 27, 2006 - 10:15 PM
            just so ya know, garcinia is an herb that contains caffine.
            the "pur eel" i think is actually "pu-erh" tea (not sure if it's green, oolong or black)
            which does contain caffine as well.
            it's not a bad formula, but it's important to know what in there.

heather~ these kind of plums are different than the prunes we think of
            for constipation, they do help move stools but they have other qualities as
            well, and affect the digestion.
  • Unsu...

Tue, February 28, 2006 - 6:23 PM
    found another store:

themindbodystore.com/catalog...info.php

call or email to make sur ethey are still up and running

• Unsu...

Tue, February 28, 2006 - 10:54 PM
      Thanks Lynn and Violet for finding those sites..Yeah that stuff works really good..Also it says on the box it boost your metabolism.. I really like this stuff..I gave one to my friend to try the other day and it worked for her as well, and she got all excited about it being natural and good for you, that she picked up a box from the chinese herb market today.
      • Unsu...

Wed, March 1, 2006 - 1:59 AM
        what does it taste like?

does it have any wierd aftertaste?

are they dried i am guessing?
        • Unsu...

Wed, March 1, 2006 - 9:52 AM
          Yes it is a dried plum, It taste really good. It taste like tamarind. You can taste the flavour of the plum that is mixed with some powdered herbs. It doesnt have any weird after taste. I just eat 1 in the morning after breakfast & it fills me up the entire day. I feel more alert energetic and not drowsy without the shakey side affects of most dietary supps. Just so you know I think some chinese grocerys may carry it, because my friend bought some the other day and she couldnt find the chinese herb place so she ended up finding at some local chinese grocery store. The stuff is chinese so make sure to check out any local "chinese" grocery store in your area, to see if they carry it.

Cheers!

Thu, March 9, 2006 - 2:27 PM
            Sauda, I was just wondering exactly how much weight you have lost (if you don't mind sharing that is). Are you still taking the slim plum? Just curious about this. Thank you
            • Unsu...

Thu, March 9, 2006 - 2:58 PM
              To be exact ive lost 18lbs, but I stopped eating the the plum everyday because it makes me completely loose my appetite. My goal was 20lbs. So basically 2more lbs to go. I bought this stuff on the 20th of febuary. For the first 2weeks I took it everyday, than I stopped taking it because my weight was dropping very fast from eating it. So now I eat it once a week, to help with my junk food cravings& maintain my weight.. I cook healthy dinners every night for my husband, but I dont crave healthy foods. I crave junk food like fast food & cookies & crap like that..Plus it's also GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON!!!! : L I bought 5 boxes of girl scout cookies(4bucks a box u can't beat that) ..i'm addicted to those damn samosas, thin mints, tagalongs, all abouts..soo good with a big glass of kikoman soy milk!! Okay i'll shut up now : D

Thu, March 9, 2006 - 4:16 PM
                LOL.. I hear ya on the girl scout cookies. Thanks for sharing. I would love to lose 20lbs. before the dreaded bathing suit season comes around. There is an asian market near my house and I'm going to look there to see if I can find any of this stuff. I started working out at the gym doing a lot of cardio but I don't eat all that great so I need something to surpress my appetite. Again thanks for sharing, your advice has been really helpful, I would have never known about this if you hadn't made the thread. Eat a girl scout cookie for me : )

Thu, March 9, 2006 - 8:24 PM
                Girl Scout cookies are my nemesis...esp. the Samoas...

Which store had the Plum? Did you go to 99 Ranch? Or another one near/on Convoy St? It sounds great! And I definitely have a few lbs to lose before summer!
                • Unsu...

Thu, March 9, 2006 - 11:24 PM
                  Yes but it is behind the 99ranch market not in the actual grocery store..You know all those little asian shops, behind the 99 ranch market? There is this chinese herb place, half of the store to the right is a chinese pharm and the left side is the chinese herb side, go to the left side( chinese herb side) & ask the lady for the miracle slim plum..
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 9:32 AM
                    Ah, the Chinese herb place behind 99Ranch! Awesome! Hope the rain stays away long enough for me to drive up on the 15...that's one freeway I HATE driving on, esp. with all the crazies in the rain....

Thanks!
  • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 9:22 AM
    Is the 30 day supply 1 plum a day or 3?? I have a friend who's also interested and we may want to split it at first just to make sure it works for us!

And luckily I'm in San Diego, too, so that makes the purchase easier!

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 9:42 AM
      Hey Sauda,

I just read it "helps with constipation"... I have fought irritable bowel syndrome off and on for years and am leery of a product that "aids in digestion" (I usually need NO help)..

Did you have any unpleasant digestive issues?
      • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 10:10 AM
        the mind body store link is open for business:

themindbodystore.com/catalog...info.php

Hi!
        1)Yes!
        2) There are six plums in each package
        Thanks.
        Sincerely, Radhe Patel Business Manager Phone.: 714-689-3050
        Email:best@themindbodystore.com Fax : 714-689-3052
        Web:www.themindbodystore.com 640 El Camino Real Tustin, CA 92780 United
        States
        • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 10:23 AM
          HA! I just emailed them about that too and got the same response! I bet they're wondering why they're getting the same question all of a sudden!

Seems like a good bet to order from them to see how it works before shelling out $50 for a 30 day supply.

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 10:52 AM
            I may be wrong, but isn't a dried plum just a prune? Are these just prunes soaked or otherwise coated with some sort of a stimulant?
            • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 11:57 AM
              I think that they are some special (?) kind of prune stuffed with some herbs
              • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 12:20 PM
                Hey Minxxa, on the 30day supply You can eat 1-2 slim plums a day, but for me one plum is enough. Also the chinese herblist lady that sold them to me said to take 1 day. After you eat it drink a big glass of water.

Directions on the box say:
                *Depending on the individual, one or two miracle slim plum packets per day following a meal with 300cc(10z) cold water.

After I eat a slim followed by a glass of cold water( cold water recommonded because cold water burns more calories) I feel to full to eat, so I don't eat..hahah!

• Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 12:43 PM
                  cool... thanks. I think my friend and I are gonna split one package so we can test it out for just $25 each.. (it's a tight month!).

I'll get back to y'all on how it works!
      • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 12:34 PM
        Leisa, I didn't purchase the slim plum for constipational purposes, actually I don't have any digestive probelms. I purchased it because I wanted something that was natural to curve my appetite for food..Actually my stomach is very sensitive to laxtives and sennas, so I don't really take that stuff unless i'm doing an internal cleanse. Btw most products that aid with constipation are very painful and this plum is actually not painful at all umm..when in the process of bowl movement ( LOL!!!!)

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 1:38 PM
          Well that's good to know! I just tried my first plum -- it's a dried fruit rolled in herbs -- tastes like a tamarind, tangy-sweet, and has a honkin' big seed inside. I'm assuming you don't eat the seed. I drank a large glass of water...and now I'm getting ready for work. That will be the real test -- if this keeps me from snacking on cookies at work. If I can just control my cravings for cookies while I'm working, then I'll lose weight...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 2:42 PM
    So I just ordered some, thinking there is probably no chance in hell that any Asian Market in Alaska carries the stuff...

Mostly I'm hoping to shed a few pounds before we start trying for a family later this year.

I'll post impressions after it arrives!
  • Unsu...

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 5:06 PM
    oh, you eat them! duh!!!! LOL no wonder it didn't work for me

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 5:58 PM
      >>oh, you eat them! duh!!!! LOL no wonder it didn't work for me<<

HA!!! I can only imagine.
      • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 9:14 AM
        All this sounds like is a laxitive. Using laxitives to lose weight isn't healthy. Be careful.
        • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 12:20 PM
          Not a laxative:
          MIRACLE SLIM PLUM contains no laxatives. Our product softens the stool, assists in weight and fat loss and improves the metabolism so you¡¦ll never feel fatigued

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 12:32 PM
            I'd still be wary- it can technically not be a laxative, but still produce many of the same effects. Their text promises a lot without any specifics. Their are no controls over herbal products; I was just in a Chinese herbal pharmacy, and was surprised at how many of the products had stickers on them warning against using while pregnant, or possible risk of cancer. Whatever is in this product, it surely hasn't gone through any kind of testing for safety.
            • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 12:51 PM
              Well Marg, I feel alot more comfterble taking something that is natural than something that is manufactured in a chemical laboratory..Any over the counter diet pill will just slow down my metabolisim & cause high blood pressure, depressionand irregular heartbeats ,dizziness, insomnia, blurred vision, anxiety, & my favourite heart palpitations.

Cheers!

• Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 1:38 PM
                Unfortunately natural does not always equal safe. These people are making magic slim plum to sell - to make money. Unpitted prunes rolled in medicinal herbs. Furthermore, marketing them with a name like "Magic" as in quick and magical weight loss. We all know that there is no such thing.

Medicinal herbs are just that. They can be every bit as dangerous as drugs manufactured in chemical factories. Just because you can buy herbs at Whole Foods doesn't mean that they can't harm you if you don't know exactly what you're taking.

K

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 1:19 PM
              I will be extremely aware of how my body is feeling when I try this product because I know there are a lot of scary ones out there, but I believe ther eis a balance between pharmecudicals and herbals...the trick is to know your body and it's reactions very very well.

The minute my fingers swell, or heart races or any tingling happens anywhere, I'm done - kaput. I know my body's reactions to herbs and minerals it doesn't want.

You're right though...you have to be aware and careful and willing to throw products in the trash if your body tells you no...
            • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 2:16 PM
              marg - dont trust the FDA. they mean nothing when it comes to true safety. the nice thing about herbal stuff is that its been around for a long time and you dont have your body trying to adapt to synthetic chemicals that it really hasnt adapted to through the generations because it hasnt been around for generations.

a stool softener and a lax are two totally different things.

a stool softener makes your poo suck up water so it slides out. a laxative makes your intestines move stool out faster by stimulating it. and with long term use of a laxative your intestines will get lazy and lose colonic tone and you will have problems pushing poo out with your flabby intestinal walls.
              • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 2:56 PM
                on those ing:

*golden plum -quenches thirst naturally, gives your mouth a fresh moist feeling.

*(hca)garcinia cambogia - natural appetite suppressant.
                "Garcinia cambogia is a small, sweet, exotic fruit native to South India and Southeast Asia. Garcinia has garnered a lot of attention of late as a popular natural weight loss aid. The reason is that the rind of this pumpkin like fruit is rich in a substance called hydroxycitric acid / HCA, a principle extract of Garcinia cambogia. Garcinia is a source for a revolutionary natural diet ingredient which is currently a rage in America, Japan, Europe, and other western countries. "

"How it works : Garcinia Cambogia fills the glycogen stores in the liver and other tissues, thereby reducing appetite while increasing energy levels. Garcinia Cambogia lowers the production of triglycerides and cholesterol and may also increase thermogenesis, the burning of calories. Unlike chemical stimulants commonly used in weight loss products, Garcinia Cambogia does not act on the central nervous system. This means that Garcinia Cambogia will not cause insomnia, nervousness, changes in blood pressure or heart rate and its effectiveness will not diminish with time. "
                "Who can take Garcinia? Because herbal medicines are relatively mild and gentle on the human body, Garcinia can be taken by practically everyone, regardless of age and gender. Garcinia can be taken for the following reasons:

Helps reduce body’s ability to store fat.

Lowers body weight through appetite control.

Lowers serum triglycerides.

Creates a process in the body called thermogenesis.

Helps with catarrhal conditions of the throat, urinary system, and uterus.

Benefits & Uses :
                Garcinia has also been considered to make foods more filling and satisfying.

Garcinia cambogia was able to decrease the acidity and to increase the mucosal defence in the gastric areas, thereby justifying its use as an antiulcerogenic agent.

Garcinia does not contain any addictive components and can be taken without fear of addiction for extended periods of time.

Garcinia also contains significant amounts of Vitamin C and has been used as a heart tonic.

Garcinia, when taken over a period of time, has the ability to slow production of fat and help the body metabolize it more efficiently. "

www.garciniacambogia.net/

*ear type leguminosae - softens stool and improves bowel elimination. -
                listed as a mild laxative by properties of stool softening and increasing water in the bowels and considered safe by the FDA. it is not a stimulation laxative.

*lomeng fruit -natural appetite suppressant.
                haa haa..found another store seaching for this one:
                www.ibuy888.com/shopping/H...POT-001.ASP
                it has some "FAQ" on that link.

*latobacillus -alters bacteria to ease symptomsof gastrointestinal peristalsis.
                "Overview

Lactobacillus acidophilus (L. acidophilus) is the most commonly used probiotic, or "friendly" bacteria. Such healthy bacteria inhabit the intestines and vagina and protect against the entrance and proliferation of "bad" organisms that can cause disease. This is accomplished through a variety of mechanisms. For example, the breakdown of food by L. acidophilus leads to production of lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, and other byproducts that make the environment hostile for undesired organisms. L. acidophilus also produces lactase, the enzyme that breaks down milk sugar (lactose) into simple sugars. People who are lactose intolerant do not produce this enzyme. For this reason, L. acidophilus supplements may be beneficial for these individuals.

Other potential probiotics include a variety of Lactobacillus species (spp.), such as the caseiGG, rhamnosus, NCFM, DDS-1, and johnsonii strains, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Streptococcus thermophilus, Enterococcus faecium, Saccharaomyces boulardii, Bacillus spp., and Escherichia coli.

Prebiotics refers to the soluble fiber component found in certain foods or supplements that stimulate the growth of probiotics in the gastrointestinal tract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uses

Probiotics offer a variety of potential therapeutic uses. These include the following:

Replacing the "friendly" intestinal bacteria destroyed by antibiotics.
                Aiding digestion and suppressing disease-causing bacteria.
                Preventing and treating diarrhea, including infectious diarrhea, particularly from rotavirus (a virus that commonly causes diarrhea in children).
                Treating overgrowth of "bad" organisms in the gastrointestinal tract (a condition that tends to cause diarrhea and may occur from use of antibiotics).
                Alleviating symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and, possibly, inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis).
                Preventing and/or reducing the recurrence of vaginal yeast infections, urinary tract infections, and cystitis (bladder inflammation). The best scientific evidence exists for vaginal infections.
                Improving lactose absorption digestion in people who are lactose intolerant
                Enhancing the immune response. Studies have suggested that consumption of yogurt or milk that contains specific strains of Lactobacillus or supplements with Lactobacillus or Bifidobacterium may improve the natural immune response. Further research is needed to confirm these early findings and to best understand how the improved immune function may or may not help in warding off infections.
                Aiding the treatment of respiratory infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia. More research is needed in this area.
                Lowering risk of allergies. Examples include asthma, hay fever, food allergies to milk, and skin reactions such as eczema.
                Helping to treat high cholesterol. More research is needed.
                Reducing the risk of recurring bladder tumors once this cancer has been treated. Much more research is needed in this area.
                Other conditions under investigation for use of probiotics include colon cancer, HIV related diarrhea, and Helicobacter pylori, an organism that can lead to development of ulcers. "
                www.healthandage.com/html/re...scs.html

*s.auricula -softens stool and improves exretion. - flower
                and every detailed website i have found is in freakin chinese or japanese...i dont know because all i see are boxes and i dont know how to read either anyway. haa haa

*puu eel tea -for energy burst and smoother urination. - tea with bonus points.
                all teas are not the same. if you had yeba mate it feels totally different and is totally different than conventional black tea. just like green red and white all feel and taste different and have different individual properties. a seller of the tea:
                www.okinawantea.com/
                and there is more info on it in there too..but again...asian pages came up when searching for this one in detail.

MSP duration:
                "One MIRACLE SLIM PLUM session lasts 30 days. After you reach this point, stop for a period of 5-8 days, then begin a second session for best results. During the break, it is critical to not overeat, particularly high caloric foods."

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 6:16 PM
    whatever it is, sounds like it works. People do and take ALOT worse things to be thin. You never know maybe it is a miracle. L.O.L
    • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 6:25 PM
      i notice with any diet stuff...even changing how you eat..how fast you lose it is how fast it will come back on if you resume unhealthy eating habits. i hope it works...i have a stubborn 10 that wont budge. blak.
      • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 9:31 PM
        I definately feel comfterble taking these plums. They have really curved my appetite because I gained 20lbs and it did not look pretty, considering that all my weight goes straight to my tummy & there was no way I was gonna resort to diet pills. My appetite for food increased, before I would fill up on 1 plate of food and than it took 2 plates of food to fill me up and to give me that feeling of satisfaction. Once your appetite is increased that's were you start to gain weight & crave sweets & junk food. I don't have these weird cravings anymore. I have lost a good amount of weight, not through starvation, but less intake of food & less cravings for unhealthy food ..Dont get me wrong I still love sweets & chocolate but a few bites is now satisfying to me, rather than swallowing the entire chocolate bar.
        • Unsu...

Sat, March 11, 2006 - 9:49 PM
          Hi Ladies! Please let us know how you're doing throughout the week. Is it possible for you to journalize how you're doing (symptoms-whether adverse or not)? I'll be in our Chinatown next weekend and I might try the Miracle Slim Plum. Is that what I am to ask for from the clerk at the Chinese store?

Kudos!

p.s. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting the proper amount of exercise and nutrition (I do yoga, pilates and kick-boxing and try to watch what I eat). I just would love to lose more before May 1st.
    • Unsu...

Sun, March 12, 2006 - 12:21 PM
      Yea, it sounds healthier than speed! :)
      • Unsu...

Sun, March 12, 2006 - 1:33 PM
        Boom I have no idea what its like to be on speed. I guess that's something you're more familular with, but it doesn't even compare to it.
        • Unsu...

Sun, March 12, 2006 - 7:46 PM
          Umm, huh? I've never touched the stuff. My point was that people take speed to lose weight, and this plum is obviosly healthier than that.

And if you've never taken speed, how do you even know if it compares to it?
          • Unsu...

Sun, March 12, 2006 - 9:14 PM
            because, I don't compare something that is natural to drugs..big difference!
            • Unsu...

Sun, March 12, 2006 - 11:25 PM
              Boom you're on accutane right? I read it somewhere that you take it for your severe acne.Please becareful with that stuff. My friend was on it and she was losing hair from it (shes 19)

Severe Accutane side effects:

Teratogenic (Severe birth defects), Suicide

Cardiovascular Accutane Side Effects:

Palpitation, Tachycardia, Stroke, Vascular Thrombotic Disease

Psychological Accutane Side Effects:

suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, suicide, depression, psychosis, aggression, violent behaviors, emotional instability

Gastrointestinal Accutane Side Effects:

inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis, pancreatitis, Irritable bowel syndrome, bleeding and inflammation of the gums, colitis, esophagitis/esophageal ulceration, ileitis, nausea

Ear, nose, and throat Accutane Side Effects:

hearing impairment, Tinnitus

Endocrinal Accutane Side Effects:

hypertriglyceridemia

Eye Accutane Side Effects:

corneal opacities, decreased night vision, cataracts, color vision disorder, conjunctivitis, dry eyes, eyelid inflammation, keratitis, optic neuritis, photophobia, visual disturbances

Hematological Accutane Side Effects:

allergic reactions, nemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis

Musculoskeletal Accutane Side Effects:

skeletal hyperostosis, calcification of tendons and ligaments, premature epiphyseal closure, decreases in bone mineral density, arthritis, tendonitis, rhabdomyolysis

Neurological Accutane Side Effects:

pseudotumor cerebri, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, insomnia, lethargy, malaise, nervousness, paresthesias, seizures, stroke, syncope, weakness

Respiratory Accutane Side Effects:

bronchospasms, respiratory infection, voice alteration

Skin Accutane Side Effects:

acne fulminans, alopecia, bruising, cheilitis, dry mouth, drynose, dry skin, epistaxis, eruptive xanthomas, flushing, fragility of skin, hair abnormalities, hirsutism, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, infections, nail dystrophy, paronychia, peeling of palms and soles, photoallergic/photosensitizing reactions, pruritus, pyogenic granuloma, rash, sunburn susceptibility increased, sweating, urticaria, vasculitis, abnormal wound healing

Urogenital and reproductive Accutane Side Effects:

abnormal menses

In addition, the following side effects can persist, even after discontinuing therapy:
              Alocepia (Hair Loss)
              Arthralgias
              Decreased night vision

www.accutane-side-effects.net/sid...html

www.naturalessentials.com/accutane.htm

www.accutane-side-effects.net/

www.weitzlux.com/accutane/...e_571.html

• Unsu...

Mon, March 13, 2006 - 8:07 AM
                I'm on accutane and I feel fine. I get blood tests every month, testing my liver, pancreas, triglycerides, and a pregnancy test. I'm not depressed either. There's a lot of hype surrounding it.

Now back to this plum! You guys are making me crave prunes!

Mon, March 20, 2006 - 9:13 AM
                  Got my plums in the mail today. I'm going to try one after I eat lunch. I'll keep you ladies updated and let you know how it goes. I really hope this works.

Mon, March 20, 2006 - 4:11 PM
                    I am so curious about this product!
                    I ordered some from the website suggested on this thread. I am patiently waiting for mine to come.
                    Keep us posted Broken!

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 5:19 AM
                      I got my plums yesterday. I'm still leery of digestive disturbance, so I'm going to try it at home this weekend (I have 2 toilets) ahhahahahaa..

I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 8:27 AM
                        Well just a quick update. I took my first plum yesterday after lunch and drank plenty of water with it. I had a lot of energy for the rest of the day which was wonderful because normally I drag after lunch. I didn't get hungry for the rest of the evening I didn't even want a snack which is very odd for me. I DID NOT go to the bathroom any more than I normally would, and when I did go it was not uncomfortable. I felt great I didn't get shakey or have any type of negative side effects. I am going to continue to eat the plums for the rest of this week. I will continue to update.
                        • Unsu...

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 9:05 AM
                          Sounds great! I had started the plums, but then went on a diet where I can't have fruit (except for avocado, lime and lemon). So they're on hold for now. I did them for about 5 days though, and I noticed the same thing. I didn't get that afternoon Bleh, that I normally do, I had energy to do things (not caffeine high energy, or jittery, just energy), and it didn't make me go to the bathroom any more than normal.

I'm hoping once I get onto the next phase of this diet, I'll use them again. They're great just for that extra oomph during the day!

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 12:59 PM
                            wow, i just read this thread for the first time... sauda, are you still taking this since feb 26? or were you able to stop after 20 lbs... and how was the adjustment to stop? thanks!

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 4:40 PM
                              I am waiting for mine too. Not very patiently. What site did everyone order from? I never got any e-mail confirmation, just a thank you page. Am I screwed? :)
                              • Unsu...

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 5:17 PM
                                me too!! I was so hoping it would be here today and was so sad when it wasn't! I ordered a week ago, which is well within a reasonable amount of time to wait, but damn I'm impatient! :D

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 5:41 PM
                                  I ordered mine from
                                  usgoangyuan.iconnetwork.com/
                                  Its been about two weeks, but I live in Toronto, so I am sure customs is going to check into it and slow it down!
                                  Did everyone else order from this site?
                                  I sent an email to them yesterday inquiring about length time for shipment and havent heard back yet. I am getting nervous...
                                • Unsu...

Wed, March 22, 2006 - 10:08 PM
                                  yay!! I got mine in the mail today! So it took about a week in the US

Thu, March 23, 2006 - 7:47 AM
                                    Alright ladies I wanted to do a quick update. I've been eating one plum a day since Monday, well this morning (Thursday) I weighed myself. I've lost 5 lbs in less than a week. I think I might need to cut back eating them everyday because 5 lbs seems a little much for not even a week yet. I hardly ever eat breakfast so I just eat the plum after I have lunch then drink a bunch of water and I don't get hungry for the rest of the day. I've only been to the gym once this week so It's got to be the plum working. I still haven't had any negative side effects and I haven't had to go to the bathroom anymore than I normally would. This stuff is awesome. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the month supply.

Tue, March 21, 2006 - 9:31 PM
                            So I've been eating this plum twice a day for about a week...and everything was going OK...diminished appetite, more energy... and then I broke out into a rash all over my face, neck and chest last Thursday. So I stopped the plum, and the new brand of glucosamine (the two new things in my life)....and am still waiting for the rash to go away completely before i start re-introducing things to see what it was that caused the reaction. It's possible I am allergic to a filler in the glucosamine...or to something in the Plum...

Will keep y'all posted.

Thu, March 23, 2006 - 8:26 AM
                    Just ordered mine from The Mind Body Store. Thanks for the link, Leisa!

I am very interested in seeing how this works. For the last 2.5 months I've hit the gym 5 days a week and watch my calories, but haven't been able to lose weight. None, Zero. Nada. I am hoping this will be able to give me the leg up I need.

Thu, March 23, 2006 - 12:12 PM
                      Just got an email from the Yuan website....they have a tracking number for me from FedEx for my plums and it should be here friday! I ordered them tuesday.
  • Unsu...

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 11:00 AM
    Quick question... how long do you stay on the plums for? And how do you keep the weight off after you're off the plums?

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 12:14 PM
      I just ordered some plums from "the mind body store", but I'm in Canada so I hope it doesn't take too long to arrive. I ordered 2 of the 6 plum packs, I think that will be enough to try it out.
      I am curious about this product, obviously because of what was said on this forum, but also because I've had sucess with other chiness herbal weight loss methods.
      I drink this tea called "Bojenmi Beauty Tea", it's all natural and it says right on the box that "no other dietary restrictions are necessary". I don't think this tea is by all means as effective as the plums, but the weight loss is more gradual for people who want that. The tea tastes very woody, in case you are curious about that sort of thing.

Heres a list of ingredients.....
      white tea, crataigus,pinnatifida, prunlla, vulgaris, poria cocos wolff, phaseolus, angularis, pogostemon cablin, fructus hordel germinatus, citrus chachiesis hortorum, massa medicata fermentata, pharbitis nil, phizoma alismatis, raphanus sativus.

You drink three cups a day, and after the third I start to feel a bit buzzy, so I recomend taking the majority of the doses earlier in the day, so you can go to sleep at a decent hour at night.

Talk to you soon!
      Zaim.

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 12:36 PM
      OK. I got mine yesterday - seemed like forever but was really 10 days...:) Still a little disconcerting to go onto the site and see that it's not approved. Anyway, took one this morning. They look disgusting but don't taste bad. Will keep you posted

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 2:50 PM
        Yeah, remember ephedra?

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 6:04 PM
          Is anyone doing any research on what exactly is in those miracle plums?
          • Unsu...

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 6:12 PM
            Elaine, Violet posted some really good information in this thread on the benefits of the ingredients listed.
            • Unsu...

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 6:13 PM
              Hey Zaim, where do you buy that tea at?

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 2:25 AM
                You can buy it at any chiness grocery store, usually, and it's pretty cheap too. When I was living in Vancouver I could get it at my local produce store for a 1.99 a box (consisting of 30 tea bags), or you can also get it loose leaf and it's about the same price and comes in a tin. Here in the boon dogs of Nelson though, I have to pay at least 5 smackers for a box, but only cause theres only one place in town that sells it.

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 6:18 PM
            I guess I meant to say has anyone done any research on potential side effects of the miracle plum?
            • Unsu...

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 6:35 PM
              umm not that I know of, and to be honest ive been taking it for over a month & I have not experienced anything from the unordinary. My best friend is also taking them and shes been eating the plums for 3 weeks and same goes for her. Keep in mind that this is a new product and that it is not yet recognized in the American Market because it is not American.
              • Unsu...

Fri, March 24, 2006 - 8:00 PM
                I think my question got lost in the excitement over the plums so I'll ask again.

If the plums work as an apppetite suppresant, how do you keep the weight off after you're off the plums?

Anyone know? I'm interested, but very wary of short-term weight loss "miracles."
                • Unsu...

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 12:25 AM
                  Suz-
                  It shrinks your appetite and even when you stop taking it, your hunger for food still remains small. After losing my goal weight. I stopped taking it everyday. Like once or twice a week. I have still keeped it off because it curbed my hunger for junk food & my appetite is much smaller now. I am only speaking from my own experience.
                • Unsu...

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 5:30 AM
                  "If the plums work as an apppetite suppresant, how do you keep the weight off after you're off the plums?

Anyone know? I'm interested, but very wary of short-term weight loss "miracles." "

if you gained weight from overeating for a period...say like holiday time....it will just bring your app. back in check. also it has healthy bacteria to help move out sluggish bowels...which you get from eating junky fattening foods. that could account for a couple pounds as well. which to me weight is weight and that stuff is suppose to come out of you. not sit and stew...hee hee

in me....i dont know about anyone else...when i have taken appt. suppres, stuff if i do eat food i am drawn to good foods. junk foods make my stomach lurch and totally turn me off. so if you are eating healthy foods that dont mess with your blood sugar and are getting what you need instead of what you want..(hee hee) it could help bring that in balance again.

late night eating is my biggest vice. i tried one plum and it kept me from eating late at night. i didnt feel coked out and i slept just fine. this is the first weight loss thing that ever was like that for me. so i think it chemically can force one to change thier bad habits....and that could last.

but in the end like any diet/weight loss thing....if you eat like a fat person afterwards you are going to turn into a fat person. unless you are one of those stick people...and if you are....I HATE YOU AND DONT TALK TO ME>>>>> haa haaa

that one site said not to take them from more than 30 days (somewhere in the post) and it tells how long to break inbetween. they do taste really good. come in a nice little plastic wrapper you can throw in your purse. the actual plum is not that pretty in itself though. hee hee
                    Unsu...

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 9:16 AM
                    yeah - the plum sorts looks a bit like a dirty rock... or a small horse turd!

I've been taking it for two days, and so far, I've had an opposite reaction - sorta. I've been a bit sleepy in the afternoons and when it's time to eat, I've been absolutely RAVENOUS. But, I haven't needed to eat an entire meal, so I feel full sooner. Also, it's a saturday morning, which means I should sleep in, especially after getting to sleep very late. Instead, I'm wide awake at 9:00, without feeling sluggish.

(I've also got a mild cold and there's some serious rainstorming going on out there, which may contribute to my sleepies and hunger)

This is day three for me, so I wonder if my body will get used to it the more I take them. But so far, the energy effects and such seem to be there, but not to an extreme degree. It may be that I should take two plums a day, instead of one. Normally, larger women tend to lose weight much faster than small women, so I was sticking with the one plum. But because my metabolism is so screwed up, maybe it needs the extra oomph? Or maybe I'm just impatient! How fast has it started to work on you guys?

Any very heavy (200 +) women in here taking it, or anyone who have friends who are? Have your experiences been different than those reported by the others?

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 5:39 PM
                  My guess is that like every other weight reduction method, once you stop doing whatever you were doing in order to lose weight, the weight will come back eventually, plus probably a little more. My experience with dieting is that the only way to keep it off is to make the dieting behavior your permanent routine. If this item is doing something to rev up the metabolism, your metabolism will go right back down when the ingredient is no longer taken; ditto the appetite suppressant effect.

I am saying this from the standpoint of someone who totally permanently destroyed her metabolism by going on too many diets, to the point that even Weight Watchers- which I think of as an infinitely workable and healthy diet - stopped letting me continue to lose weight in their reducing phase, after about 40 lbs. I've kept it all off for 7 years, but only by carefully staying on the reducing diet (not the maintenance phase, mind you), plus another 12 by cutting out sugar and starches. "Diets" are mostly worthless, and they fail because most of them are unsustainable. If you think of them as a temporary situation, the results will be temporary, too. The key to being at a healthy or healthier weight is to not eat when you're not hungry, watch your portions, avoid the junk, eat the things you love but in moderation, and get some exercise.

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 6:16 PM
                    but don't you think that using something like this to help you get to a manageable weight can help one then start leading a healthier life?

that is, if Miracle Slim Plum helped someone get to their fighting weight and they were eating healthy, exercising, and all that while on MSP, coulnd't then then cease MSP and continue the healthy habits? In that case, wouldn't the MSP be useful and not unuseful?

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 6:25 PM
                      I think its all in how you use it. If you are using it to drop the weight fast and without working at it ( ie the easy way out) then you are going to gain it all back. ANd some more weight most likely to boot.

I am agreement with Margaret, she's made some valuable points. These get thin fast things can seriously mess up your metabolism. Its something to think about for anyone on a diet.

But yeah- using something like the magic plum, while watching your food, exercising, drinking water and not losing a lot of weight fast is probably okay. I would think, not a doctor here.

I just hope people are maybe talking to their doctors or naturalpaths about this plum of miracles. This isnt approved by the FDA. Not that the FDA is all knowing, but there could be side effects for different people that arent widely known.

This isnt at all a condemnation of anyone who has suggested using it or is using is, either. God knows I like to lose weight too. I am just saying is all.
                      Ok, carry on.
                      • Unsu...

Sun, March 26, 2006 - 7:01 AM
                        " just hope people are maybe talking to their doctors or naturalpaths about this plum of miracles. This isnt approved by the FDA. Not that the FDA is all knowing, but there could be side effects for different people that arent widely known."

if you read my post on ings. you will see that there are herbs in that are approved by the FDA. not that it means anything. they love to recall tons of stuff the approve.
                    • Unsu...

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 6:32 PM
                      I think you're totally right, lobo, but an awful lot of people will only use something as a panacea, rather than as an aid.

I remember when I was doing Atkins, you wouldn't believe the number of people who would come onto the forum I was using, who would be 5' 6" and 135 lbs (or less), determined to be 115 lbs and would use the induction phase of Atkins to get to that weight. The induction phase is seriously extreme and doesn't teach good eating habits like the later phases do. But these people would do it because they had an important party to go to in 2 weeks and needed to lose 20 lbs to fit into their perfect dress, yadda yadda...

Then they'd come back and complain that they gained it all back (plus some) when they stopped!

Point being, I think that MSP can be an effective kickstart, but won't be the "miracle solution" where you won't have to do any work in the long run. I suspect that if the plums work as well for me as they do for others, I am *definately* going to do more weight training - losing weight quickly from a large figure = ewwwwwwww without a lot of toning. I already eat pretty well (well, ok, so I suck at my veggies), just too much of it without enough exercise.
                      • Unsu...

Sun, March 26, 2006 - 6:58 AM
                        i think its a great kickstart too in the sense that it can chemcially change your habits for awhile when you personally might not have the willpower because you are dealing with the addictive aspect and over eating triggering of fattening foods like processed flour, sugar and salt. (table salt is a overeating trigger)

most people gain weight because the over eat and eat the wrong things. if you stay away from overeating and eating the wrong things for a month...they are not so yummy when you try them again.

Recent topics in "*Beauty Secrets for Divas*"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
NAIL POLISH, what is going on????? Azeeza 3 November 15, 2014
Lips! Azeeza 2 March 5, 2014
painful cracking fingertips! :( Girl 23 March 4, 2014
Allergy to Adhesives Azeeza 0 January 18, 2014